Diagnostics provides a set of features that make it easy for us to document critical operations that occurs during the application's operation, their execution time, etc., allowing administrators to find the root cause of problems, especially in production environments.
The CAP provides support for
DiagnosticSource with a listener name of
Diagnostics provides external event information as follows:
- Before the message is persisted
- After the message is persisted
- Message persistence exception
- Before the message is sent to MQ
- After the message is sent to MQ
- The message sends an exception to MQ.
- Messages saved from MQ consumption before saving
- After the message is saved from MQ consumption
- Before the subscriber method is executed
- After the subscriber method is executed
- Subscriber method execution exception
Related objects, you can find at the
Tracing CAP events in Apache Skywalking¶
Skywalking's C# client provides support for CAP Diagnostics. You can use SkyAPM-dotnet to tracking.
Try to read the README to integrate it in your project.
Example tracking image :
Others APM support¶
There is currently no support for APMs other than Skywalking, and if you would like to support CAP diagnostic events in other APM, you can refer to the code here to implement it:
At present, apart from Skywalking, we have not provided support for other APMs. If you need it, you can refer the code here to implementation, and we also welcome the Pull Request.